Saturday 19 March 2022

Arya

It's day 21 for Arya today, and she's left her breakfast. She also left it on Wednesday and considered her options yesterday. It's quite promising when a bitch who normally eats well goes off her food at the end of the first trimester and into the second trimester. Of course we all know that hormones changes that occur anyway after a season can affect some bitches, but still we are hopeful. To be honest, I'm almost as excited as I would be if it was one of my own girls, proving Orin is important to me and Arya is well-bred, has great health tests and is beautiful in mind and body. We couldn't really have had better to start with. Her owner wants to keep a female and there is the possibility of a show home for a male with a friend, that would be great for me and the breeder. It was also great that he was there by the ring watching Orin winning his class at Crufts. He told me then he could not have picked a better stud for Arya, which was a lovely thing to say. Anyway crossing everything that there are babies brewing in that belly. 
I had quite a surprise message yesterday, it seems the owner of the sable bitch is still interested in bringing her to Orin too. She hasn't yet come into season, which is ideal as we'll know if Arya is pregnant, or not, before the sable is due for mating. She also has super health tests and excellent breeding. If it works out I'll have to stay away from that litter, my love for crazy sables is well known!