Tuesday 15 March 2022

Orin In Training

I'm hoping to take Orin to training tomorrow and to get dogs initially walking, then gaiting behind him. I think it would be a good idea to stand him in the centre as the others go round too. Those who saw the incident at Crufts or who have since seen the video are quite shocked and  several have told me that I should report it to the Kennel Club. I have given it thought, but it will only make for an uncomfortable atmosphere around the ring if I do. 
So many dogs show careers have been cut short by similar incidences. Imagine yourself running ahead and someone grabs at your hair without warning. For Orin it would have been worse as he grabbed his tail. You can see in the video that he carries the end of his tail at a very unnatural angle following the bite. 
Hopefully Orin has the strength of character to forget, thankfully he was not a puppy when it happened. To not get this dog back in the ring would be a travesty, honestly I would be heartbroken. I've cried a lot this week, between everything with the two most important men in my life, this and the shit over Siska's video I'm an emotional wreck. Getting Orin to training would be a start and then let's hope by his next show this incident will be a distant memory.