Monday 13 April 2020

Those Coloured Collars

Peas in a pod - Spice (Front) and Chilli who looks a lot like a young Sammi B. 
Shame Ginger took off ... 
*****
I've always hated puppies wearing collars. I've always thought that breeders should learn to recognise their puppies .. then this litter came along. At first there were white feet, Ginger with her 2 left feet, Chilli with her back foot .. easy, but how quickly the white faded and how quickly I got confused. Spice, Ginger and Chilli at one point were almost impossible to tell apart. Darling Winnie of course was always tiny and Beth had her white flash on her chest. With the boys it was easier when you studied them, it still is, but like this now it takes a glance to see who is up to no good.  So OK I take it back, they are bloody handy. I still refer to them by their puppy names but now as I say with a glance I know who is who and more importantly so does Steve.
Last night had me sitting in the pen till about 1 am, trying to entertain Spice , Basil and Biscuit. The others had crashed but they were running on Duracell. Sammi had give up and took to my bed whilst the three terrorised the sleeping company. Such precious moments, Spice found entertainment in a toy whilst Biscuit discovered he could drink water ... and went back over and over for another sip. Basil was curious but only snorkeled in it! Basil eventually crashed leaving the other two to entertain me for a few minutes longer. Making such lovely memories ... moments I'll never forget. Today Biscuit, Fudge and Spice have discovered how to get out of the enclosure ... Damn!
Loads of photos on Facebook