Sunday 26 April 2020

Boys Bits


















Please allow me this moment of negativity without giving me a lecture ... I need to write about it as I'm thinking it and it's getting me down, playing on my mind as things do. I always feel better for writing, so here goes. I'm getting really worried about the boys not having their testicles yet. I have to make my decision within a week, two at the most and at the moment only Basil has both his testicles. As beautiful as Basil is he lacks the coat and substance that I want for a show dog.  Size wise he has caught up, actually he's passed Biscuit, but his huge coat hides that fact.  
I wouldn't even be giving it a second thought if it wasn't for Kyle and Jethro .. and then the disappointments as I tried to search for a sable boy and came across the problem in other kennels over and over again. Not including this litter I've bred 10 litters, 39 where male pups and only 3 have not been entire to date, but of course 2 where Sammi's sons from her Merlot litter.  
I'll be honest if the males are not entire by 8 weeks then I'll have to let them go, I'll be devastated, heartbroken, but I'll have to! I know the testicles can drop later but I want a dog to show so I'm not willing to take the risk. Of course I have the option to keep a bitch, Ginger is still top of my list but Chilli is now a close second, again that could change. Being without a puppy from this litter is not an option ... but I really have set my heart on a boy.
On a positive side .... in a weeks time we could well have a full set and then I won't know who to choose - now that would be a great dilema!