Thursday 2 April 2020

Some Answers Re. Selling

Still the continued requests for puppies come in. I really thought it would be a horrendous time to sell, but I guess people are carrying on as normal in that respect. ALPHA who deal with directives for DEFRA have responded with some sensible news. (Attached) Of course common sense will have to prevail and as we discussed previously with visits from the neighbours the pups will have to be put in a pen in the field for prospective owners to view. Sadly they will not be able to see all the litter, or the other dogs, just the puppy they are buying or if they have a choice just the ones they will be choosing from. Not only will they be missing out on meeting everyone but the pups will be missing out on visitors too. Such a sad state of affairs really, but needs must. I can only think of e.mailing contracts to be signed, the owners will have to print them off, sign them keep a copy and email me back a scan or photo of the signed contract for my records. Puppy packs, pedigrees and registrations will have to be given in a sealed folder .. prospective puppy owners will have to bring their own hand sanitizers with them, use them on arrival and before leaving. I will not be able to provide them with refreshments ... and they'll have to stop for a wee in Tesco ... lol
 Unlike kennel puppies, at least these pups will have seen all I can show them. They will see the TV, hear the hoover and the washing machine, meet the cats, run free in the fields and learn about crate training. I  don't know about health tests and microchips - that I will have to look into further. Again I've never sold a puppy without a health check so that concerns me and if it comes to that then it'll have to be fully discussed with the owners at length. Hopefully we can sort something with the vets - but I will not be risking early vaccinations again and strongly advising owners to do their own research rather than just vaccinating as part of the course. Really L4 should never be given .. please research and read.
Today we are going to start introducing some food, well a mixture of mashed puppy food and Goats yogurt on a finger tip .. watch for possibly a messy update!