Tuesday 21 April 2020

My Firsts ...

With time on my hands those of you on Facebook know that I'm going through old photos and putting them online. So these are my first.
My first cat
 Tammy
 My first dog - Rescue dog Pepsi. 
Though I'd spent my childhood around Rough collies he was my first personal dog.
Blade was my first GSD - this photo must have been taken in 1991, he looks so young. 
Pepsi was a cross Collie x Golden Retriever. In this day any age no doubt he would have been given a stupid breed name, then he was a simply crossbreed. As you know I hate all this silly cross breeding and charging extortionate prices for puppies with silly names. Put a "Poo" on the end and suddenly you have a dog worth £1,500 .. which is just a crossbreed! If you can cope take a look at the mixed breed section on Pets4homes ... I came away from it in livid at the prices people are charging for puppies from parents who are not health tested. They tell their customers there is no need to health test when cross breeding .. Bullshit! Take a look at the last photo of Pepsi in the snow. What do you see? A blind dog! Pepsi was blind before he was 4 having inherited a gene from both his parents that caused blindness ... he also had H.D.