Saturday 12 January 2019

Ross Dear Ross

I just don't know what to do with this dog. God I love him so much, but the question is do I really want to breed from him? Is he what I want as the sire of my next litter? Am I just better off going for Zalu? If I do, Ian I'm telling you now you have to come with me! The reasons for using Zalu would be that he's already producing lovely pups with great health test results. He has great colour, he's a Long Coat so should produce good coats to Kaiah and he's not a big dog. His sire is also Milano, who was my second choice for Sammi.
Ross' health test are not done and that is something I really need to decide on, do I do them or not? Obviously if I don't do them, nothing changes, Ross continues living his life here to the full .. just without being the sire of the "K" litter, and he would not be available at stud to anyone. It's not just the health tests that worry me, he continually has issues, if it's not his bottom it's his ears or his face. Maybe non of them are genetic issues, but what if they are? He also doesn't carry a great coat and that is genetic, it's enough, but only just and I really don't want to loose the coat quality of my bitch line.
Honestly I don't know if I'm coming or going with this, I change my mind from day to day. If it wasn't so expensive I'd just do the health test and then decide .. but the cost is two thirds of a stud fee! Maybe I should mate Kaiah to Zalu and see if puppies come if there will be any funds left over to health test Ross then? There 10 months for me to mull this over , and as we know a lot can happen and change in that time.