Monday 21 January 2019

Just Talking

Steve with Kiri and Kai 
 As we traveled home from dad's special birthday meal Steve and I were discussing the dogs, as we nearly always do! Kiri was always Steve's special girl and no one has got into his heart in the same way since, but Jezi is coming close. We all know he thinks she can do no wrong and doesn't ever consider she may not be perfectly behaved. He said he also considers Nico to be very special .. I agree there, there is truly something unique about that dog, one of my best decisions ever was to bring him here. A dog who can forgive the human race for it's cruelty and truly move on surely has strength of character .. Nico is one amazing dog. For Steve Loki also stands out, but when I said he's an odd ball, he agreed, but we both agree that doesn't make him less special does it.
I love all my dogs, but my bond and connection with Sammi remains strong. In my eye she's the one who can do no wrong .. well mostly anyway, I do know who she is. I fell hook line and sinker for her when she was just 3 weeks old and if I'm honest I could never have let her go. Nico, as I said is very very special and Ross can not be ignored. He makes me smile everyday, that naughty puppy is growing into a wonderful, affectionate adult. He sits and looks into my face, his eyes show nothing but love .. alternatively he sits next to me on the sofa with his head on my lap. Yes he still has his loud and annoying moments .. but he is who he is and I love him for it.
Sammi Belle 
Asha of course is a diamond .. so easy, so adorable, a very special kind lady.  Kaiah is more complex, most of the time she's happy, bubbly and playful but she can be defiant and very awkward. She truly is adorable but her strength of character means she needs a firm hand. Kaiah thinks too much, and questions everything. She's ridiculously clever, agile and fast. Amazing little bitch really, and I'm proud to have bred her. I think between her and Ross we have among the brightest here since Krizzie and Kai, Ross sure does run rings around Loki ... I'm not use to such clever and devious males! Last but by no mean least my sweet little Ziva, my smiler, the Kiri look alike. Obedient and funny, though I think she'd love it if we got rid of Kaiah .. there always a tension between them. She didn't get on with Tali that well either, but loves her mum, daughter and the boys. She took the longest to take to Ross but it's lovely to watch them play now .. though Kaiah of course gets jealous!
We adore them all, they are all so different. I think life for me without dogs would be unbearable. I can never imagine a time where I can be without dogs. Obviously things may not always be the same and I am thinking that in the near future less would be better .. but of course I mean four, five or six ... but if all goes to plan we may be up to nine by this time next year. I can't contemplate the thought of loosing anyone, it makes me sick to my stomach to consider that 4 of them are officially old dogs now ... I hate having 4 so close in age. That's one thing I hope to never do again, but as I said earlier bringing Nico here was the best decision. Keeping the sisters was not, though at the time there seem to be no other sensible options. Anyway it's not ideal but we make it work, keep everyone safe and give them all the best we can.