Tuesday 5 December 2017

The 4Th Of Dec 2009

It had been a long stressful day at the rescue centre. It was a Friday, I remember that clearly as I worked till 4pm on a Friday. It was cold wet and miserable and I was alone and over run with animals who needed my care. My mobile rang and I was informed that a work friend was coming over with 2 more kittens. To be honest I could have cried ... the kitten unit was over run and I had no space for the extra 2, but their plight was great, I had no choice other than to make room. But when she arrived with 6 kittens I did cry! Still somehow I sorted it and the 6 kittens were placed in a comfortable and safe bed. About 15 mins later I went back to worm and feed them. They were in the top pen and as I opened the door 5 kittens went scuttling backwards and one, just one jumped out and landed on my cleavage! It was an emotional day and cuddling the purring kitten I reassured him that he would never again be left hungry in an abandoned car, and I cried. I put the food in the pen the others nervously came forward, but this little tabby and white boy scoffed his food and again jumped into my arms. OMG my emotions were all over the place and this little guy was taking advantage of that. I messaged Steve .. I want this kitten, can I bring a kitten home? His response was unexpected ... yes if you want, it's up to you.
Jamie never did spend a night in a rescue centre, he moved from his car to our home. Jamie is a special guy, a cat among cats. Loved by so many, Jamie still stands out in the crowd! If you can have "A Dog" in a life time, then why not a cat? Jamie will be the cat in my life time I'm sure. The 4th of Dec 2009 was a long stressful and emotional day ... and after that day things at Blanik would never be the same again! 
The short video above was filmed within hours of him arriving home - nothing phased him then, nothing phases him now. Our Jamie, a large, over weight, chilled, happy content cat.