Thursday 14 December 2017

Louis

The day that I dread, the day that haunts me still approaches. Most of the other "older" anniversary's pass me by now without much sadness .. but this one, this one still gets to me. It still feels so raw, as raw as loosing Mikey and that was only a year ago.
I don't spend my days dwelling on the past, though I do still have "Louis moments." I don't really feel the pain on his birthday, or on any other day really, only on this day .. and I guess a couple of days before it. I remember that awful day too well, feeling like my heart had been ripped out and stamped on, I remember the inconsolable tears and heartbreaking sadness of saying our last goodbye. I remember his face, his beautiful face had shrunk with the illness he'd been oblivious of for so long, and his eyes, his beautiful eyes, kind, gentle and trusting till the end.
For the rest of the year I celebrate his wonderful life, the life we were blessed to share together and I thank God (if there is one) that I was the one chosen for such a special dog as Louis. He was unique, a kind, cuddly, loving sweet natured soul. He loved life and lived it to the full, he loved the world .. and his dog. He was a king among dogs, he was my world, my special friend  .. Louis was my dog in a life time.