Monday 18 December 2017

Still Limping

Poor Ross didn't see the rock sticking out of the snow!
Poor Ross is still limping after his unfortunate collision with a rock on Thursday. Bless him it was quite a thump at full speed and he came to an immediate stop and screamed the place down. He held his front right up and looked so pathetic with his ears to one side .. I swear he was like a injured toddler crying after a fall. I went straight over to him and cuddled him before examining the leg, I found nothing and he was soon on his way, though with quite limp. I decided to cut the walk short and take him home and since then have only walked him on paths or in our field. (without Kaiah) Both Steve and I have examined his foot, leg, knee, elbow and shoulder and he shows no sign of pain. Truthfully it's not even noticeable around the house, but as soon as he does just a little exercise he's limping again. It's hard to know what to do for the best. I know rest would be ideal, but he's not the kind of guy who likes to chill and not walking him has him too wired and he's basically leaping off the furniture, which really doesn't help. At least after a morning walk he does sleep for most of the afternoon. Sadly I have no metacam left or I'd give it to him, if it continues to the end of the week then I'll I guess he'll have to see a vet again.
I know I'm paranoid, you know my glass is usually half empty .. but as this is the third time now he's been lame on this leg I always fear the worst, especially because without doubt the first time the pain was in his elbow. Logically I do know what happened this time, and last time (he and Loki crashed, both were lame!) so I shouldn't be getting myself in a tis about it, but we are who we are and it is my nature to worry and see the worst case scenario.
It's a beautiful morning and the mountain calls me .. What do I do? Damned if I do, Damned if i don't me thinks!