Tuesday 13 October 2015

Stessfull Day

We dropped Jezi off at the vets this morning. Poor little girl was nervous and tense, but if all goes to plan life will be much easier for her after a few days recovery ... I always doubt my decision and fear the day ... but having neutered all my bitches at this age (or a little older) I know it's the right thing to do. They are old enough for it not to affect growth plates and growth hormones and young enough to be fit and health for the operation. It also drastically reduces the risk of mammary tumors and of course there will be no further risk of the dreaded pyometra. As Jezi has season every 5 months or so and hasn't had a litter, it was more important to get her spayed earlier as the uterus deteriorates with every season that does not end up in a pregnancy. Ziva has had a litter so I will be hanging on a bit longer before spaying her. (Until Sammi has had a litter at least)
So now I'm a nervous wreck ... just hoping that all will go well for our class clown! Nico will be lost without his idiot friend to play with for a few days, but hopefully now they won't have to be parted again for some years to come.
After dropping Jezi off I persuaded Steve to take me to see everyone at work. I was like a blubbering idiot ... honestly I didn't expect that, I guess you don't realise how important these people become in your life until your not seeing them anymore! It's great to be home, but I miss my work mates!