Monday 26 October 2015

Musing

I'm hoping shortly to get back to work. My employers have been great and are more than happy with the phased return to work suggested by Walton and my GP. They are even happy for me to go out with another driver for a couple of weeks incase I get tired. But there is still one big problem, the DVLA have still not given me clearance to drive .. without that I can go no further. I've phoned a few times and been told that "I'm on the system," when I pushed it last time they said that currently my driving license is valid, but it may not be after they have assessed the info. I may not be allowed to drive from 6 weeks to 6 months after the SAH. But 8 weeks later and no one has let me know, so I could I have been driving for the last 8 weeks? Well I guess not as my medical recommendation stated I had to inform the DVLA and wait for approval, but again my licence is valid ... make sense of that if you can! Anyway the minimum of 6 weeks is over and I think, considering I've had major brain surgery that I'm doing quite well ... it's now a waiting game.
Seriously people have been fantastic, when the chips are down you really do see the true colours of people around you. Though I have been surprised at some of the people that haven't called/phoned, and I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed that one special person in my life didn't make it up here ... but I guess they have their reasons!
Yeah, recovery is good, but I guess last night I did find out just how fragile I still am/can be. A lovely conversation with a great friend turned into something unexpected and I found myself extremely upset. To a point that Steve took the phone off me and ended the conversation. The stressful situation causing the headache and neck pain to return quickly, and I found myself feeling useless and vulnerable. I don't know how the conversation got to where it did, as we both know we have differences of opinion, but a strong friendship, this morning I'm still extremely upset by it all.
I'm all for promoting a correct type of GSD and therefore I'm not a fan of non standard colours and their small gene pools. But that is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it, I don't force my opinion or expect anyone to agree with me. I love Finlay for who he is, he's a very easy dog to live with, but I have never said that he is the easiest dog I've ever owned and I've never said he's the most intelligent. Louis/Nikki/Seffe/Asha/Loki to name but a few must be the easiest dogs I've ever owned. Kai is easily the most intelligent male but that really only putting him on a par with some of the bitches who always have the edge! Poor Finlay does not and never has had the same intelligence level, but that's him and I guess that's what makes him easy to have around! Would I have another white? Well never say never, as in the same situation I would do the same again, but from choice, No!
My bitch lines does go back 7 generations but going back to the first litter I bred back in 1996 I have been careful to use either German Imports or their sons as stud dogs keeping my line strictly "German!" Yes the litters are bred in the UK, but they are on German lines and I steer clear from the weak character/construction of English type breeding. I have owned dogs like Kai who would have excelled in the schutzhund ring, and Nico who due to his character failed at it! Nico has the ideal pet dog character, he's territorial, but not sharp, willing to please and will do anything for a cuddle! As the puppies I breed go as pets this is exactly what I want in the character of a stud dog. Saying that Sammi is more like Kai, over intelligent, determined and more feisty. Care will be needed when choosing the stud dog as repeating myself, I sell my pups as pets and their character need to be fit for that purpose!
Anyway now I need to try and forget and relax, the knock has hit me harder than I expect leaving me mulling things over and wondering what exactly the "people from Caernarfon" have said about my dogs. Damn it you can say what you like about me, but slagging off my dogs (if they did) is quite another matter!!!