Monday 5 October 2015

12 Months On ....

Loki at 5 weeks and 13 Months
My little big boy is looking quite well isn't he. Still lots of maturing to do and hopeful in time he will deepen and get broader.  
Nature is always here to teach us and this guy is turning out nothing like I expected. Though he's not far off an adult version of that puppy is he! At one point during his growing months he looked a lot like Louis, he was also a fussy baby with his food, but that all changed. Then there was his character, a little shy, quite unsure of himself to the point that at times I doubted myself for bringing him here to "Blanik!"  I can cope with a lot of issues, but I do hate a dog to have a bad character. Well our Loki is a joy to live with, he's generally a happy obedient dog with a sweet confident nature .. and I put that down to nurture ... yes I did a lot of work, but in my opinion it's thanks to the Blanik kids for accepting him and making him who he is today! 
At 6 months old he was a lovely middle size puppy, as I would have expected at the time, but then he just shot up to a tall lanky teenager. So now there is no getting away from it, I have this huge puppy sitting on my sofa, a good inch taller than Mikey, but if the last few weeks has taught me anything then it's to focus on the positives.  Loki has super bone with great colour and coat. Beautiful wither height and a lovely overline. A super front and unexaggerated hind angles. A strengthening head with a lovely mask and a kind expression. He's a super mover with great reach and drive ... and yes, he has a lovely character. We do love our little Loki, and what a smart decision I made a year ago!