Tuesday 15 August 2017

Vacs and Weight

Ross has been for his second Vacs today. Lepto 2 of course. He was confident and happy in the consulting room but did take offence at a rather large boisterous Labrador in the reception. No man or little old lady, as it was, is equipped to hold such a large dog like that on a fecking harness, bloody crazy!
Ross weighed 9.50kg, so putting weight on but again just a tiny bit behind Loki at the same age. Loki did eat a lot better than Ross though, I'm already thinking of cutting out his lunch as getting 4 meals a day into him isn't that easy.
This pup has a very strong character, and last night we had serious words, though I did win it made me realise that he would not have made an ideal first time GSD for anyone.
He will need some careful handling or he is seriously at a risk of becoming a nightmare. To be honest he has the temperament that I usually like, you know a bit of a challenge, but I worry that at the moment I'm mentally too weak for the challenge! He's brighter and more devious than the males I'm use to dealing with, he feels very important and can't be allowed to win any battle or we will sure have a war on our hands. He reminds me a little of Krizzie and Sammi as youngsters .. the brighter ones sure are the hardest!