Tuesday 29 August 2017

Breakfast Success

Ross is still being a prat with his meals. The difficulties has now spread to all of his meals and I'm quite embarrassed of his streamline figure, but what can I do?
This morning I followed my normal routine, everyone had been out and had their breakfast and were waiting patiently in their crates as we had ours. I'd let Ross out again, as I always do, puppies are sometimes too busy to go to the toilet first thing and letting him out again means I usually get better house training success. His breakfast was untouched. As Ross is allowed to run riot  at this time I usually put his breakfast back in the cupboard to stop Jamie getting to it. Jamie really doesn't need extra meals, but this morning he'd gone in the living room so I left the breakfast in the crate. Ross was running in and out of the kitchen with shoes and toys, (he has a shoe fetish) and then he stopped and didn't come back. He barked once I ignored it, but when he barked again I went to see what was going on. I was just in time to see him evicting Billy cat out of his crate, Billy had found the meal and was having a feast! I stayed back out of the way for 5
mins as Ross tucked into what was left of the meal .. the bowl was clean!
How much did Billy eat? Well it can't have been that much can it? He's quite a little old man now, and cats eat much slower than dogs .. but no matter how much it was maybe a valuable lesson will be learned. If you leave your breakfast ... you loose it!
This morning I couldn't help but think of this photo and how a young Billy also "assisted" me with Louis back in 2003 ...  Louis was always willing to share!