Friday 4 August 2017

So Who Is Ross Poldark?

I've been shocked to discover that there are so many people who don't know who Ross Poldark is. I was explaining to someone yesterday that I had called the puppy Ross because he was registered as Poldark and as the full name of the character is Ross Poldark it just had to be his pet name. She looked at me like I was going round the bend and said "I haven't got a clue what you're talking about!" She's my age and had never heard of Poldark. Being honest I don't really remember the series the first time round, but I had heard of it. I've not watched the film or read the book/s, but being smitten with Aidan Turner after seeing him play the vampire Mitchel in "Being Human" I just had to watch the remake of Poldark and I love it. 
Had Ross not been registered as "Poldark" then I guess my choice of pet name would have been different for him. But I do like the name, it's easy to call and is different in sound to all the other Blanik names.