Saturday 12 August 2017

Happy Birthday

Jezi
My sisters, Asha's daughters where born by cesarean 6 years ago today.  We have always joked and said that Asha was too posh to push, but at the time she and all the litter where in serious danger. A pup was presented for birth but Asha didn't have any contractions and without some quick thinking and action we would have lost mother and puppies. Even the vet who had been patronizing on the phone praised me for making a "good call."
It was not an easy litter with seven strong clashing female personalities and two boys that somehow blended into the background. Of the bitches Enya was the most biddable and Jezi was easily the strongest willed. Danni was the heart dog. The smallest, prettiest, sweetest puppy you could ever wish to see. I guess her "special needs" for the first 10 days or so made the bond with her stronger. Her front paws had been bent out of shape in the crowded womb and she needed help with feeding. There is no doubt that Steve expert paw massages helped get the little one going sooner and she was soon on her feet and catching up with everyone.
Three of the girls where long coated, I named them after the Witches Of Eastwick, Alex, Jane and Sukie. Sukie (now Pepsi) stood out as the nutter, though I haven't seen her, I gather she now has a very biddable nature. I see TJ  (Jane) reasonably regularly, and see photos of her on Facebook, and Lexi (Alex) is a regular visitor to Fron.
Ziva
For me Ziva always had the show potential, colour, coat, glamour and superior movement. Sadly some unfortunate incidences during her first few weeks at Ring Craft put her well and truly off showing and training classes. At the time I was devastated, and had we been a "show kennel" she would have been rehomed. But we are not, and I adore my baby Ziva. Show dog or not she has her place firmly set in the pedigree of Blanik's future.
Jezi has not been bred from. Having bought Loki in I simply had no room at the time for another puppy, and why breed if you can't keep one? I often wonder what she and Nico could have produced .. but there you go it was not to be!
Happy Birthday Ziva and Jezi ... and of course Danni, Enya, Lexi, TJ, Pepsi and Harley ... and dear Diesel, gone to soon, but always in our thoughts.