Monday 21 August 2017

I Weakened!

I got some mince and added it to Ross' breakfast. Only a tiny bit, I cut the pack into 12 portions. Been doing it for a few days now and yes he's eating 4 meals again. Just hate seeing him look so skinny and don't want him falling behind like Louis did. This is something I don't normally do but as it was the diet he was use to with the breeder it was harder on him just to accept complete. I don't think I'll bother with the hard boiled eggs that he was also getting. I'll try him like this for now just adding mince to breakfast and lunch.
Actually he's also decided he likes biscuits, well pedigree gravy bones anyway and he now waits by the door at night to run in to bed to get his biscuits. He still loves the fish treats and the burns biscuits Ian gave him.
Ross does seem to have grown a lot over the last week .. I mean in height, and does now appear to have more substantial bone than he had, that of course is another reason I want him to eat well now. If he has shot up as it appears to me maybe that's why he appears to be currently a little more lean too. Anyway once we get to the three month mark on the 30th we'll get him weighed and measured on a monthly basis and take it from there.
It's going to be a big week in the little man's life ... his first dog show will be on Wednesday. Only to observe of course, but still a big deal and I hope it all goes to plan.