Tuesday 17 May 2016

Three Walks Yesterday - One Set Of Photos!

With the camera in the bag I set off for my usual morning walks. It hadn't started well as Nico and Jezi had knocked Finlay over, they get so exuberant and basically you could knock him down with a feather these days. Anyway the old man was none the worse for wear and pretty good on the walk. It was such a lovely morning that I found my mind drifting from place to place. I thought of Dena, my friends bitch with her lovely litter and hoped they were doing well, after all they had come five days earlier than expected ... and then I thought of Kia, Nico's wife, she's due on Sunday. I wondered if Kevin knew there was a change of them coming early? So I text him, he immediately phoned me back and we nattered for the rest of the walk. Though only scanned for 4 pups by the vet Kia is apparently huge, she's hot and uncomfortable, but eating like like a pig. Well not many days to go, it will be interesting to see how many pups do come. After all Dena was also scanned for 4 by her vet, she had 7! So I was back at the van and hadn't taken any photos!
The second walk didn't get off to a good start either, our field was full of sheep for the 4th time in 2 days. As I walked I wondered why it was always our job to keep them out of our land? Could it not
occasionally be the farmers job to keep them in?  Ziva and I played ball, her smiling happy face warmed up my heart, Asha bounced around from ditch to ditch, and Tali? Where the feck is Tali? I called and called ... there was no sign of her, I was sure she couldn't be far as I do keep an eye on her. I decided to go back and look. Within 30 seconds I'd found her, even if her hearing isn't as good these days she was well withing hearing distance, she was in the reeds gorging herself on sheep shit. As I approached I swore at her, she looked up at me and without saying a word I'm sure she swore right back at me! I continued, this time keeping a closer eye on her, I was now above the Llyn Ffynhonnau and admiring the beautiful view. I could see Tali again in a patch of reeds, I called her, she ignored me, I called more aggressively and this time she looked up, poo sticking out of the sides of her mouth, she stared at me for a few seconds before deciding to carry on with what she was doing. I would have loved to have walked away, just left her there with the hope that she may have panicked when she realised we'd gone ... but with her poor eyesight I just couldn't take the chance. Again I went to get her and pushed her bottom in the right direction. She gave me "The look" and continued on her walk.
Tali is so frustrating, I get so annoyed but I have to sit back and admire her strength of character. Even now as old age creeps up on her she is confident in her own skin and does what she wants when she wants to do it! I couldn't be arsed to take any photos or her yesterday!
By the time I got home, Ken the vet had phoned and I felt a little better about the Mikey situation! I felt like the cloud had lifted somewhat and with Mikey and the youngsters I walked for miles and took loads of photos of our beautiful home ground!
Today they will be short walks, I'm off to Liverpool after lunch to be stuck in a tumble dryer for 30 mins!