Saturday 14 May 2016

No Answers Yet

Two photos of Mikey taken yesterday
the size of the growth can now be clearly seen in his backline in the photo above.
A vet from the practice treating Mikey phoned this morning and sadly the results for his biopsy are inconclusive! Apparently there was blood in the sample, they can not say whether this has contaminated the sample or whether there is blood in the growth. The lab suggested the growth be removed or a part of it be removed for further analysis. But as we already know the vet treating Mikey feels this growth could not be removed!
I know I'm repeating myself but I have never see anything like it, or seen anything grow at this speed. I know we continue to learn throughout or lives, but I wish this learning curve was not at the expense of Mikey! I guess we now have to think through everything we need to ask before Ken the vet treating Mikey rings us on Monday. If we did nothing now, waited a while, what would be the worse case scenario? If they take a chunk out of it and it is malignant will it explode and spread rapidly? So many questions that I thought by now we would be nearer to knowing the answers too!
Compare the overline to these 2 photos - 
top photo taken on the last day March
Bottom starting to show a slight rise taken 11/4/16
Click on the photos to enlarge!