Friday 8 January 2016

Waiting ...

Well Sammi Belle was due in season on the 8th of December, and still there is nothing. Well when I say nothing, the boys have all been interested in her for a couple of weeks so I know it's imminent, but it hasn't happened yet! We have a show next Saturday, (the 16th) a Champ show! I had kind of hoped she would be over and done with by then, now I'm hoping she waits until at least after the show day!
Seriously the longer she leaves it, the more chance there is of plans being changed. I had always intended on mating her in December 2016, but say she doesn't come in season now for another two weeks, that may well then take the next season over to the beginning of September. So say mated mid September would mean puppies born mid November and taking me over the dreaded Xmas period for selling. I don't mind being up to my eyes in puppy shit over Xmas, but there is no way I would consider having puppies of 8 weeks old here then. I have to take what comes, timing now will be everything but I kind of hope it works out this way as it will give me something to focus on other than my up and coming brain surgery, I need something to plan for and look forward too. Otherwise with her timing by the looks of things it will be at least the Spring of 2017 before we have Blanik babies and that does seem a very long way away!