Saturday 23 January 2016

Unrest In The Home

Sammi is now on day nine of her season, she is still with the boys but maybe tomorrow will be their last day together for a while. I do hate this period of segregation and stressed out males. I'm thinking it may be best to try Tali out with the boys as she really is not a happy bunny on a walk with Ziva these days, though she doesn't seem affected by her around the home. To be honest at the moment she doesn't even seem to want to go for a walk, it will be interesting to see if she is more relaxed away from Ziva.
Today's second walk found me dodging dog walkers again. When I moved here 20 years ago and started walking these hills with my pack I was unlucky to see a single dog walked. Times have changed and I don't like it! Well there nothing I can do about it, there room for plenty, but why are some of them always where I want to go? A couple of days ago a sign was put up by the cattle grid banning unauthorised vehicles from going any further. Do I now need authority to come home? LOL Anyway today, again on walk number 2 I came across a man putting a sign up on the gate down to Llyn Ffynhonnau .. I didn't linger to see what it was but I can well imagine that if the Snowdonia National Park are not banning dogs on the land they will be insisting on leads, and that's no use to me! Think I'll pop over tomorrow to see what it says!
So three walks in three locations around home today. Avoiding work men, Bull Terrier people and hikers. Actually the hikers caught me out ... I was busy setting them up for a photo when Sammi's nose went into the air, I looked around and didn't see a soul. So I continued with my preparations ... and like a bullet she was off ... Note to self ... Sammi is always right! I may not be able to see them yet, but if her nose goes into the air ... without doubt there is always someone/something there! Anyway she took off around the edge of the lake and across the moor towards 6 hikers who were by now in my view... but guess what ... she bloody stopped half way and came back. BIG cuddles and lots of praise, my Naughty Angel is growing up!