Sunday 31 January 2016

Blanik Bedding

Krizzie with her "F" litter
The washing and changing of bedding is a continuous battle here, especially in this wet muddy weather. For comfort they all have 2 layers in their crates or beds, so that's 18 bits of bedding to wash on a regular basis .. and that before you think of the bedding in the living room, the van and the cat bedding! Thank God for a large washing machine  and at least with the new heating system everything is dry in no time.
On eBay the other night I found someone selling
Tali with her "G" litter
5 pieces of vet beds,(1 x 1.5 meters - will cut into 2 male and 3 female sizes beds) a mixture of green-backed and rubber backed for £50. Now that is a good deal, even if as it states they have slight imperfections! Having ordered them, this morning I set into sorting out the mountain of bedding that we already have. Some to hang on to some to take to Freshfields.
Asha with her "H" litter
Now I've always been a huge fan of vet beds, there really is no better animal bedding but as I went through them I realised some of it had been here since Louis was born, and some was bought later, when Tali was born! These are coloured ones, dark and light green, grey, brown and yellow ... some had to go, but most of it is still well worth hanging on too, some are a bit thin but in great condition. I can't remember which bedding I had for the "G" litter, but no doubt I'll have photos to remind me. I do remember buying a new whelping box and white bedding for the "H" litter which was also used for the "I" litter and is washed and put away for the future ...
The brightly coloured paw marked rubber back bedding is super stuff. The rubber backing makes it non slip in crates, and it's especially good in the van. I've yet to find out how long it will last though!
Ziva with her "I" litter
Some bedding of course doesn't survive that long, Tali, Nico and Sammi have for recent times had their own bedding .. the ones with home made holes in them! In all fairness no one else wrecks their beds but these three go through periods of experiencing exploding beds!!! I've learned my lesson and they don't get anything that they can make a snow storm with, if they can they will! Nico can't have the rubber backed vet beds either .. he shreds that! Tali currently has a brand new bed, a smart rubber backed orange vet bed from Manchester show, it's been in her bed for 2 days ... watch this space!!
What a super excuse to post photos of bitches with their beautiful babies. Each future mother lying with her siblings in the previous photo. Oh God I'm getting broody!