Wednesday 13 January 2016

Lot's To Say

Some is definitely working here 
But honestly I didn't have the energy to write. I tried my best to get everyone some decent walks over the week end and then I had two pretty long shifts at work (7 hours + on Monday) Well I did it but it left me with little in reserve to do anything but relax.
Sammi on the broken bridge
Saturday was great, everyone had a lovely walk but I was so disappointed to find so much destruction on the walk by the river Seiont in Caernarfon. Clearly the matter is in hand and there is obvious signs of clearing going on there but tree's were down and in places the path had been washed away by the overflowing river. The path was a slipper muddy stodge, which the dogs loved of course, and I found myself slipping and sliding the whole way. An old bridge which is obviously not safe had previously been blocked off, but the fencing was down and Sammi made her way onto the bridge, my heart was in my mouth .. but even more so as Loki followed her, he's a tad more careless than her. Still they came back safely. There really isn't much more destructive than  mother nature is there!!!!
First Sunday Morning Walk 
With Nico's crew walked up the back on Sunday morning I decided to take the girls to Llyn Cop. (The little lake) It would be a lovely treat for them, but I knew my usual parking space would be water-logged and I'd have to cross the road. Still other than Asha's pulling I didn't envisage a problem. Wrong!
I got Tali and Ziva out of the van (both on leads) and prepared to get Asha out, I opened the crate and as she jumped out a fight broke out between Tali and Ziva. Now please don't patronise me and suggest they were playing as someone has
Second Walk -A Change Of Plan
already done, less academic than some I may be, stupid I'm not! It was only minutes before I was somehow able to get them apart and being so close to the van lift Ziva into the van I only then needed to get her back leg out of Tali's mouth and I was OK. Sorted. It was awful, I was alone and they went in for the kill, as bitches do! But through all this all I could do was scream "Asha" OMG where was Asha? Please god let there not be an traffic now, I could only think she was on the road. As soon as I got them separated and back in the van I ran to look for Asha, instantly she returned across the road and over the bank, lead training behind her. Oh thank God she was safe! Had she taken herself away from the situation or just decided she was off for her walk? I'll never know, but to return as soon as it was over, and being the sweetheart she is it made me think she just didn't want a bar of it! Though I felt sorry for Asha the girls didn't get their walk .. I took them straight back home, put them in crates and took the youngsters and Mikey out instead!
What No Tali?
Hoping things would  had settled when I got back I still needed to give the girls a walk, Steve let them out and I decided to walk from home giving them enough space to keep apart. I could only think the excitement and being so close together on the lead had triggered the fight. But only 3 of us went, surprisingly there was no tension but as we got to the gate, Tali turned back and went home! To be fair at her age she was probably feeling battered and bruised, and probably her dignity was damaged. She does have a couple of puncture wounds on her face and head, but I guess really it could have all been so much worse! (and if anything had happened to Asha I wouldn't have forgiven them) Until we can get the van back onto the bank we will not be going back there again with the girls! Shame they are missing out!
Stunning Sammi 
Sammi is still not in season, but had a coloured discharge on Monday .. any day I guess. The longer she leaves it the better, but I've never seen them go more than a few days to a week or so after the discharge. I remember seeing the discharge on Nikki and with lack of experience I booked the stud dog, only to have the embarrassment of canceling and re-booking a short while later. I wish I remembered how long it was between the discharge and the season now, but in those days I didn't write everything down and relied on my then excellent memory!
I'm Going Slightly Mad!
I'm sure Finlay is loosing the plot! He is becoming extremely unsettled, particularly at night. Within an hour of going to bed he wants to go out, we let him out but he just stands there. Four times on Sunday night we had to let him out, with an old man you can't take the chance can you. But every time he just stood there, on one occasion Steve closed the door and left him going out minutes later to find him lying by the door in the wind and rain. Last night he did it twice, you can't ignore him as he crashes through the bedroom door with such intention ... but on both occasions Steve didn't let him out, just put him back to bed and he did settle. Me? Well I was asleep!
It's a beautiful morning, quite calm and sunny. Hoping that the camera is reasonably charged I'm off out shortly ... here's hoping for no bad experiences and that
we can all have a good time today!