Sunday 19 April 2015

Yesterday At WPBW

Well the day went pretty much as I expected, but still a lovely day when you share it with great friends. There's really nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with a case and a half of Jacques!!!! Thank you so so much Sarah, she cleared the shelves of Jacques at at her local Tesco in Norfolk. (9 bottles - not see it here since before Xmas)
Loki
The dogs did me proud, could not have asked anymore of them, especially little legs Loki who was at his first Champ show. Second out of the two who completed the class, (one was removed as he was nervous) but ah well Loki qualified for Crufts, gave a super performance and took it all in his stride. The judge commented that he was a super moving puppy who just needs to fill in to his frame - I can't argue with that! The other pup competing against him looked much more mature, actually he didn't really look like a young puppy at all, hopefully with time Loki will catch up! 
Nico was really up for it and in my opinion powered around the ring, again second out of the two who remained in the ring for the whole class. (again a dog was removed, this time the judge sent him out as he tried to bite her!) I feel Nico could have won on the day, but a small ring and on that kind of surface did him no favours! 
Nico and his wagging tail
Sammi looked bald, but beautiful - 5th out of 5. My opinion  for what it's worth - if your in a class of quality bitches (which it was) and out of coat/condition and the judge is nit picking for class places then it's only right that your at the back. I didn't see a single other bitch exhibited looking like she did yesterday - I won't do it again, valuable lesson learned! .... Not our day in the ring but at least we were consistent!
Sammi - Bald but Beautiful 
 A highlight of the day for me was getting to see Barney, Sammi's brother. A big strong powerful dog who shares his fathers happy go lucky nature. Yes he was over weight, yes, he flicks his right hock on a gait, but still a beautiful boy who with weight loss can only improve. 
Barney
I also enjoyed showing Champion Caffrey for Sarah. a veteran now the old boy still looks amazing! Though I did feel someone on the outside of the ring tried to make me look stupid, I kind of hope they didn't succeed, Caffrey proved that even at his age you can show them how it's done! 
Caffrey
Following some upset over photos at NWA last week we will no longer be taking photos of other people's dogs at shows. Most people love getting photos, and I'm always happy to remove any that an owner/handler doesn't like. But in this case apparently none of the photos showed the dog in his true light. Odd that isn't it!!!!!! Anyway there has been too much fuss about it all and it actually upset me, I now feel it's really not worth it! The first person I saw yesterday said "I hear you've upset the owner of such and such a dog!" It has only ever been our intention to share memories of the day, never to belittle or upset .. So unless an owner asks we will only take photos of our kids to share on Social Media in future. Anyway yesterday the light in the hall was poor so we took advantage of the beautiful location and sunshine and got some photos after judging was completed. 
Another day, another dog show ....