Wednesday 29 April 2015

Thinking Aloud!

With everyday that passes Loki seems to get taller and thinner. I'm honestly not quite sure if he's a tad taller than Mikey now. I'm trying not to fall into the temptation of measuring him again until Monday, when he will be 8 months. Surely to god he can't get much taller, can he? What makes him look so much worse is that he has chucked his coat now too, so he has no undercoat or feathering. Sammi did chuck her coat at about the same age, I guess she was about 9 months by the time she starts to look coated again!
I have decided not to take Loki to many shows for the time being. I will still do the local shows that I have entered but I doubt I'll be bothering with many others. He needs the continued experience, but looking the way he does now I have to be prepared for them to be nothing but experience. From the side profile he still looks reasonable, and some judges will be forgiving of his age and condition, but as I said I have to put it all down to experience and not spit my dummy out when/if we don't win!
I guess Loki will be slow to mature and I'm sure his day will come. I'm the first to be critical of his flat overline, but his angles are good. His movement is steady, but beautifully far reaching. He has a lovely head and a kind expression, great colour and his coat will return. Logically he can only improve as he fill out as he matures.
To be honest at the end of it all, with Noya still so ill at the vets there is nothing more important today then healthy and happy dogs. Come on Noya. fight it baby. This world is a far better place for having you in it.