Wednesday 22 April 2015

Counting My Wishes!!!!

Someone said to me recently that "if you have a hundred dandy lions in your garden, then depending on how you see life, you either have a hundred weeds or a hundred wishes!"  Yeah, I really like that!
So I've had this conversation with a couple of friends recently; if you split me into two different people, then you have on one hand person one who is the GSD/show enthusiast, the person who want to improve on the breed and sees nothing outside the box of "Breed Standard!" The second person is simply the lady who loves her dogs!
So hand on heart person one is feeling a little deflated, she know that at this moment in time Loki is not making the grade. She knew he was out of his depth at the champ show and should never have put him in the ring for all to see. She sees it all as it is today and doesn't look into the future, and she regrets her decision not to have waited and mated one of her own instead!
Person two absolutely loves this young man. She could never have wished for a more delightful, sweet natured boy to share a life with. Because she loves him so much she was worried sick that people would laugh at him at the champ show, as she knows they do. But she will wait until the pup is mature, give him time and enjoy every minute she can watching him grow up.
God am I going round the twist?  Na, I guess not. Unlike some show enthusiasts I guess there is enough of both people in me to strike the balance. But do excuse me if person one occasionally shows her ugly head, after all she is very much a part of what make me who I am.
Right I'm off now to count my wishes in the garden!