Friday 23 January 2015

My Opinion Of Loki In Stance

Ok it's not the best photo, but I'm pleased I've got it just to remember how he looked at just over 4 and a half months old. It really is hard with just the two of us ... and Finlay was just taking the piss on the outside attraction! I will give him an honest critique for this stage of his development, as is my right to do so..
Strong head with dark eye and lovely expression, receding mask. Winter nose detracts. Wither height could be better, correct back with slightly short steep croup. A little long in the loin. Super bone and substance, correct front. Good length of second thigh but turn of stifle could be better. Fantastic feet, super coat and colour, nice free mover. 
Just my opinion of course!!! 
Lots of area's could well improve with age, hopefully his wither height will be more correct and that will give him a more sloping topline; and as he get's taller hopefully he will look less stretched. I doubt his turn of stifle will improve but when his knickers grow, and with careful standing that could well look a whole lot better. His front is like his dad, just super, his bone is fantastic and his colour and coat is glamorous. (Though of course I would have preferred a solid black saddle, which he won't have - but that's just personal preference!) Without doubt he will not have a solid mask like his dad and Mikey - I think maybe he'll be a bit more like Louis in head colour, and there can't be much wrong with that can there!