Saturday 10 January 2015

10/1/96

Well what a date in "Blanik" history! Possibly the most important, or maybe the second most important. On the 10/1/96 the "Blanik A Litter" was born. The dam a "Lledfegin" bitch out of Lledfegin Llywela and the absolute top dog of his time, International Champion Rosehurst Chris.
Having just split up with my ex husband and the birth approaching fast, I felt completely out of my depth. Thank God someone lent me "The Book Of The Bitch" the absolute bible of dog breeding, indeed of owning a bitch!
Aria
Mostly the birth went well, there was only one concern, a very tiny baby who I had to revive. (Again without that book I would have lost her.) 5 dogs and 3 bitches safely into the world and a new major chapter in my life began.
What happened later has been well documented but briefly my baby "Seffe" was taken from me. Nikki was on breeding terms and the small bitch puppy who I had spent so much time over was taken as "Pick of the litter!" I was heartbroken, I honestly had never felt emotion like it, it was like my heart had been ripped out ... I kept the second pick bitch, and the name. This first pick bitch was to become "Blanik Aria" a top winning and producing bitch being the dam of Champion Lararth Houdini.
Dexi
The pick of males was also taken with "Aria" ... and at approx 4 months old Aria was sold to the Lararth Kennel.(Hence my now thorough contract!) Again emotions went out of the window ... I would have had her back in an instant .. that pup had stolen my heart. For a couple of months the Male stayed in "Lledfegin" but when I heard rumors that he was now trying to sell him too I swallowed my pride and asked to "buy" my puppy back! Paying over the odds to have him back, I'll never forget the kindness of friends who chipped in to help me get the funds to get him back ... Blanik Alliance, our Dexi came out of his kennel and moved back home! Our Dexi was an awesome guy who had a fantastic show career, he and sister "Aria" are still the top winners I have ever bred.
Seffe
Blanik Asta, My Seffe was the dam of the "D" litter and Blanik lines go back to her and not Dexi. He has now been completely lost from the Blanik breeding. My Seffe was not a top winner like her brother, nor a top brood like her sister ... no simply she was more than that ... she was my everything, she was my best friend!
Rocky
Just as I organised to get Dexi back I had a call from one of the other puppy owners. She "wanted rid" of her boy. Rocky had chewed a gas pipe and dug a hole in the garden. With these such horrendous crimes, how could they keep him????? So at 6 months old I had three of the "A" litter back in my care. It wasn't long before Rocky charmed his prospective owners and moved to Swinton. They had the pleasure of a super dog, he had a wonderful life with his new family and I was lucky enough to meet a couple who became our closest of friends.
Simba
I guess there was one more hiccup to the "A" litter ... Simba! Things really did not go well for this guy. In hindsight I guess I placed him badly. Nice people, but they were not in a position to give him what he needed. A rather sharp Simba came home at 3 and a half years old. He remain with us until December 2012 when we had to say our last goodbyes.
The "A" litter .... Aria, Dexi, Seffe, Simba, Rocky, Jet, Danny, Cara .... never ever forgotten