Saturday 3 January 2015

Sensitive Soul!

After all my preaching of positivity yesterday evening I felt pretty flat, and quite sensitive really. I guess some days little things people say can get to me and they escalate in my mind causing me to dwell on them and often take them out of context. Of course people don't realise what's already going on in my head, only my nearest and dearest have access to those thoughts, people mean no harm with their off the cuff remarks, how could they when they don't know?
I was dead chuffed with Loki's weight yesterday, putting on almost 8kg (17lb) in 4 weeks is really good going. He's also grown 12 ish cms (About 4.5") and he's looking a proper stocky little chap. He has bags of bone and substance his coat is coming on a treat and his tan is rich. Maybe he will be more "faded" than I'm use to with the boys, but what the hell... that's just preference and really not a problem. A month ago I could never dream he would look this good.
So what was it all about? ... well his ears of course! I put the photos that I had shared on here on Facebook as well ... and the remarks came in on more than one photo. Like I said people are not aware that I'm at my wits end worrying about these ears, they honestly mean no harm.  It's just me, I must be boring Steve to bits about them, hell I'm boring myself! I guess it's worse because I see photos of his siblings on facebook and they all have their ears up. Logically I know they will be fine, there is no reason for them not to be, it can take up to 6 months for the ears to stay up, and whilst teething there's less chance than ever of consistency!
Anyway to protect myself emotionally, yesterday I decided I will not be posting anymore photos of Loki on facebook until his ears are sorted. Maybe I'm being over sensitive, maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently .. but for now today's "ears" will be posted here ... and only here!!!!


















Just to make myself feel better ... Loki at 4 months and Mikey at 4 months and a week!