Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Rejected Name

Sammi enjoying our new garden 
 Turn the clock back about 8 months and I was gutted that the KC had not accepted my first choice of name for Sammi. I had my heart set on Blanik Isis; after all the meaning of Isis to me at the time was "Mythical goddess of magic. Isis is the most powerful of all female goddesses."  I had also decided to call her "Isis" but when the KC rejected it as a registered name I somehow lost my enthusiasm to use it as a pet name. I was not overly impressed with my second choice of "Ivana" but I have to admit it's grown on me tremendously, and I don't know another bitch shown by this name. (Though there must be plenty) Choosing her pet name was so hard. What the hell could I call her? I just couldn't think of anything .. she had been "Isis" in my mind long before she was born, and I just couldn't come up with an alternative. Luckily Steve did, it would never have been my choice of name, but yeah Sammi Belle bloody suits her!
Here's hoping for Blanik's "J" litter
Now I'm  glad Isis was rejected, in the present climate it has come to mean something so different! Hand on heart, had it been accepted I think I would now be thinking of changing it, as a pet name at least!
As we move on I've done it again, I have a name in mind for Jezi's daughter ... I think of what will hopefully be very often. Though I'm over the moon with my lot we all need dreams, we all need things to look forward too.  If things work out I have my heart set on a girl next time, but I will be keeping my options open, problem with me is, other than last time, I always fall in love with a boy!