Friday 26 September 2014

Decisions Decisions

Dexi - Still the top Winning "Blanik"
Though I try not to think about it, my head is still fluttering from one place to another. I keep thinking of all the reasons for and against bringing in a new baby boy. Friends are not helping with their remarks of "it's meant to be," or "go for it girl!" (You know who you are!) It's a big decision, a hard decision; and I keep remembering how heartbroken I was giving up both the boys in the last litter. Maybe someone, somewhere knew the bigger picture? Haha Now I'm just trying to convince myself.
Last week I went on about black masks ... did Louis have a black mask? No! Did Dexi? No! They both had enough, but with their deep red tan they had the most fantastic heads and expression! All these pups have beautiful deep colours, just to my taste!
Louis- My Mr Amazing
What makes it so hard is that I really had set my heart of mating Jezi in January. The baby girl who was going to stay was going to be called "Ettie" and her registered name was going to be "Blanik Jezebel." Both a play on Jezi's name, as Jezi's registered name is Blanik Hettie ... See? But if I have a puppy then I don't have to cancel this plan, I can simply delay for 12 months, or even reevaluate at a later date. (this is where Sammi's health tests could influence the decision)
Is this a pedigree I want to bring into my kennel? Err ... honestly I'm not looking that far ahead! I hope to continue my line through my girls, if this boy turned out well then yeah I could mate him to Jezi or Ziva, but obviously not Sammi. Honestly I have no conclusion, I'm still plodding on aimlessly looking for answers!