Friday 19 September 2014

If Only Mikey Would ....

Baby Nico is sleepy
Tomorrow we are going to visit Nico's 3 week old babies. I'm so excited, Tasha is a lovely bitch and I'm sure these puppies will be stunning. But, no I'm not having one!
 I'm over the moon with my "Nico" baby, I think probably the best bitch born here in a long time, no she's not perfect and my issues with her are well documented, but on conformation and character she is an improvement on many a previous generation. Funny, how I see in my mind now one face of disgust as I announced I was going to mate Nico to Ziva. An expression I'll never forget, looked like someone had cat shit stuffed under their noses, and honestly that person had no valid reason to doubt my decision.
Sammi with her parents
Moving on .... I'm so glad I was right, I have a stunning Nico daughter, and hopefully a mating to Jezi with the same bloodlines will produce the same excellence as I had through the "I" litter. So no, for the time being I'm not having another Nico baby!
Handsome Mikey
But how I would love a Mikey baby. He has so much to offer, so much to give, but we never get anywhere. We've had two bitches here to him, and he's been very very interested, trying his best whilst the bitch is loose in the yard, but as the bitch fidgets and moves he doesn't get anywhere. If we hold the lead to keep the bitch still he looses interest and just stands there, and you just can't force these things can you! Sadly his father ended up mating the first bitch, and three weeks ago Nico mated the other!
I doubt I will ever get my Mikey baby, unless we are lucky enough to get a bitch here that's as easy to mate as Ziva was (... proper little slapper she was!) I fear that like Louis and Dexi this boys line will end here. At least we had Kiri out of Dexi, and Louis was his great grandson (Through Jay) so we did keep the line for a short while. Oh Mikey ... if only you would!!!