Monday 12 March 2012

Waiting ...

Scans this morning showed that Kai has a huge mass on his spleen, all the other organs look Ok and thankfully there has not been a bleed. Because of  the abnormality in his breathing, before making any further decisions they have x.rayed his chest, it's clear. Providing the cancer is not aggressive the prognosis after removing the spleen is hopeful. They are going ahead with that now ...
I have to be honest, it's not been a shock. With his rapid weight loss and deteriorating condition I could see this coming. Still I've cried almost all morning and had hardly any sleep last night. You know there are a lot of great dogs, but very few GREAT dogs in this world, and I've had the pleasure of spending these last few years with a GREAT dog. Huge in both size and personaity, a credit to his breed and his breeder.
This waiting is killing me ......

***UPDATE***
They vets have just phoned, Kai is now waking up. His Chest and nasal passages are Ok. His spleen was extremely large and hard, it will now be sent away for analysis. I'm going to pop in later and take him a vet bed, but they said depending on how he is I may not be able to see him ...