Monday 19 March 2012

Thank you ..

....For all the condolenc messages we've received. We are totally overwhelmed by the kindness and compassion shown to us today. Thanks to Hilary for this beautiful picture

I can't get my head around this, I'm so heartbroken I just can't function. I was privileged to share a life with him I know, but 4 years just wasn't long enough. He was so special to me, I loved him so much. I feel so bitter and twisted right now. My big beautiful dog, he was awesome, huge in every way. How could anyone have not loved him? He gave me so much in such a short time.
Yesterday morning he didn't eat and was very quite, he was coughing a lot and drooling. but by the afternoon he was much brighter and we sat in the sun in the field with his toys. In the evening he actually chewed on a bone for a bit before cuddling up on the sofa to sleep.
This morning he was really low again, he had spots on his tongue, blood in his mouth and he was totally white. There was also spit with blood on it on the kitchen floor. The vets thinks that he had an infection internally and that the cancer had just gone "wild" and with no spleen to help fight it he became very ill very quickly. Sadly we had no choice
I'm walking around in a daze and all I can think is my big beautiful dog!