Friday 19 July 2024

How Would You Say It?

I don't want to count my chickens .... but I can't help but think of names, baby names, registered names and of course a feminine pet name. (if I only get boys .. well to quote Ed Sheeran in "That's On Me" .. I'm Fucked!) 
As much as I love the name Kyra, I've had to put it on the back burner. It really would have been a lovely name in tribute to a wonderful girl, but it just sounds too similar, and I fear the slip-ups would haunt me! I like Keeli, but that is apparently masculine, Keely is the feminine version, strangely I kind of like that a bit less, but I do think it would be easy to call. Mira has been suggested, and I really like it as I liked Mila, but someone "stole it" lol. So would you say Myra or Meera? Well, the easy solution to that would be to spell it Meera, and that's really easy to call too! Yeah, Meera goes into the book as a possible pet name with Mirana/Meerana a possible registered name. Sammi is registered and Ivana and Kaiah Jeevana so it does stick to a theme .... and it's meaning? 
"Mirana is a girl’s name of Slavic origin, meaning “world peace.” This melodious name is mainly a variant of Miran, but it may also come from Mira, meaning “sea” or “ocean” in Sanskrit. Mirana has various meanings across many cultures and languages, including Latin, where it draws inspiration from the word mirandus for “admirable” or “wonderful.” With such deep roots all over the world, there’s no doubt this name will see its bearer flourish and thrive, finding tranquillity in all corners of the globe." 
Not much info on the other spelling, but I found this ... "Your name of Meerana gives you a happy, spontaneous, generous personality."
I've been giggling to myself thinking that if I get 4 females their puppy names would be Jennifer, Alison, Philippa, Sue, though that wouldn't work with less than 4, of course it would work with more Deborah, Annabelle too. If you know, you know, if not there's always google!!! Then there are 6 Chasers, 4 males, 2 females ... and there is always the easy way going with coloured collars, Miss Pink, Mr Blue etc ...