Sunday 28 July 2024

Day 56

I wonder if they will be here by this time next week? All I can hope for is a safe successful delivery for all. As Marc Almond said;  "This could even make me pray ... I who never, ever prays!" 
My curiosity got the better of me in the evening as I measured her, 34" - wow that is 6" from her normal waistline, this morning for the "official" measurement she is 33.5" so not far out this morning really ...  Sammi was 32.5" with her litter of 3 and 37 with her litter of 9, Kaiah was 35.5" with her 7 ... but bear in mind they were both 29" at 4 weeks, Siska was 28" ... so now let's start taking bets ..lol 
Surprisingly, Siska has eaten everything that was offered this morning. I was smiling inside as I thought  of Tali who only ate digestive biscuits and carrots for days priory to giving birth to her family, no wonder Asha came out hungry! 
It's a glorious morning on the mountain, if we didn't have a Ross we'd have the pool out. If you know, you know!!! 🐟 For safety Siska spends an hour here or there in the pen, when she comes in the house, all but Orin are evicted into the middle room and garden. Then of course they need supervision .. Because not only does Ross like water, but he also likes digging, that why he is mostly in the yard and living room! 😬 Anyway, the pen is now Siska's own private tent!