Tuesday 30 July 2024

Day 58


Another small milestone as we get past that 58th day. If anything were to go wrong and she went into early labour then the babies would now have a chance of surviving, but I said before, they need to be in there till 9 weeks to be properly cooked!! lol 
Siska hasn't eaten that well today, but she's still doing better than Tali with her carrots and digestive biscuits. I've got eggs, white fish, sweet potato and lots of veg ready for when she needs them. I still think she looks like she could be carrying more than 4, but equally it could just be a lot of fluid. 
This morning we went to the vets to pick up some oxytocin for Siska (just in case). I asked to speak to the senior partner and told him Siska was due this weekend. As I was faffing a little, Steve jumped in with "you may remember what happened last time, if that other vet is on call I will be going over his head and ringing you, we now have no faith in him." He said yeah yeah ... but M is on call I think, then he started asking about Siska and if there was more than one or two pups? I'm glad he asked, I guess he thought that there would likely be more need of a vet with a singleton or a very small litter. I really hope there will be no need for a vet this time, but should there be a need I need to know I can rely on them!