Monday 1 April 2024

Siska's Gold Stars Go In The Bin

A walk with Zeus around Twll Braich 
Loki, Ross, Beti and Sammi having fun 
Siska and Orin - and where it all went wrong! 
I'd just taken them out of the van and was setting off, when from behind one of the slate heaps came three men on bikes. They were a safe distance away but without any warning Siska set off towards them. I called her and called her but to no avail. Orin came from behind me and set off too, I called him, he stopped and returned. I put a lead on him and continued to call Siska .. nothing. The cyclists continued, and Siska continued to follow them and bark. I was at my wits end, by then in tears ... one cyclist then came away from the others and rode up towards me with Siska on his tail and still barking. I was preparing myself for a deserved mouthful from the cyclist, and believe you me I was ready to grovel! I called out "I am so sorry, honestly she's never done that before!" (and I swear she hasn't!) His reply took me aback .. "It's Ok, don't worry, I just wanted to bring her back safely to you." He was so nice that it upset me more. It really wasn't alright was it, it was so unacceptable. I was seething with her and honestly lost the plot. Three years of trust in her, lost within minutes, how can I ever trust her again? In the interest of my sanity and her safety I decided to put her back in the van, I really didn't want to see her face, I didn't want to spend any more time with her. So yes I dumped her in the van and walked Orin alone, feeling guilty halfway through I went back to get her and then kept her on the lead.  
When I got home, I burst into tears again. I try and give them a nice life, I try to give them freedom, all I ask back is a recall and a "Wait," It's really not too much to ask is it!