Saturday 13 April 2024

Flying Solo

There are two weekends this Summer with shows that I want to go to falling on the Friday and Saturday in early June then Saturday and Sunday in late June. In both instances, it would make absolutely no sense to come home on the Saturday and go again on the Sunday, that would be a killer for me. It looks like my wing man won't be doing both shows on either weekend, so after giving it great thought the only option is to go it alone, well that or miss out. Steve is really not happy about my decision, but other people do it, so why can't I? And a friend who lives alone said .. "If I didn't do it, I wouldn't get to go anywhere!"  I know my way to Malvern and I have my sat nav to then get me to the Travelodge at Tamworth. I would probably be there late afternoon at the latest early evening, I could check in and have a lazy rest of the day in my room and mooching about with Beti and Orin. (if I was going alone for the first time, I'd only take two, so I wouldn't take Siska) It wouldn't be an early start to the second show as the venue is about 20 mins from the Travelodge. 
The second lot of shows later in the months starts me off at the same venue in Tamworth, for my confidences' sake, maybe I could follow someone there then at the end of the show drive up to that hotel in Swinton for the night. Again it wouldn't be an early start as Swinton to Blackpool is 45 mins to an hour tops. It all sounds very doable ... providing I can get my van fully serviced and get the confidence to believe that my head will be OK!
The photos are of video stills from Bolton show in Scotland ... Oops ... If you know you know!!!!