Friday 5 April 2024

Isla And Feedback

 Yesterday was the anniversary of "Return Of The Cat" (sung to Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack lol). After 11 months AWOL it was three years since our Princess returned home to overwhelming emotion. Where was she? It was the not knowing that killed me/us, I could only presume she had died. The not knowing now intrigues me and many others beyond compare ... but I can safely say that she's now checked in every morning and throughout the day for the last three years! 
Around my birthday, I have three more anniversaries to deal with, the loss of Asha and Winnie; and Zeus' return to base camp. It was also on the same week, but last year, that Isla from the K litter found herself needing help. Isla's home situation had changed and her owners needed help. Frank and Linda were kind enough to foster her until a home was found for her, and after the loss of their precious Danni, Isla went to live with another Linda and family in Derby. Isla is adored and having a wonderful life, the photo below, which is one of regular updates, is of her at the pub quiz last night. I hope she didn't cheat! 
This week I've had feedback on all the L and K litter kids, bar one home. I'm not sure whether I should ask again or appreciate that not everyone wants to precipitate? It's not a criticism of anyone, but keeping breed records up to date can only be helpful in the long run. I honestly have nothing to report on the K kids, well other than Zeus, I think his character and itchy problems need reporting in case there is a connection elsewhere. In the L litter, one has had issues with digesting chicken based foods, and the same one and one male also have seasonal itching. Siska and Orin have no issues, that I can see, well other than Siska momentarily lost her hearing the other day .. Maybe I should report that? No I'm still not laughing Siska! 
Thanks to Jazz's owner and C for the feedback on my blog. It's nice to know that people are reading and appreciating what I write. I try to be honest, say it as it is in my head on the day .. which leaves it subject to changing from one day to another. I'm never afraid to learn a lesson, admit I was wrong or change my mind. Some years ago I had a phone call from a friend who told me that I should strop writing the blog, she said my honesty left me vulnerable and open to abuse/bulling. I could see where she was coming from, but I'm a 50+ year old woman writing mainly about GSD's, sometimes cats, George and yeah, sometimes my life. It's only once been used against me when screenshots were posted on social media of opinions on a L/C beating Sammi at a show. (they were different times) What the person "forgot" to add was the screenshot of my opinion on the subject, I added them, balance was restored and someone else was made to look stupid! I've also written here time and time again about the green-eyed monster. Though most of you know her, I've not once named her, and writing about her "antics" over the years has helped me deal with what otherwise could have consumed me and made me bitter. I consider myself to be very non-confrontational, I'd sooner walk away from negativity, but that doesn't mean that I don't mull over things and take them totally out of context in my mind ... writing helps!