Monday 8 April 2024

Beti And Orin At Bolton

We were back online this morning, that was one stormy night, but it was dry and blustery as we set off for Bolton GSD Club Champ show yesterday morning. It was a day of lovely dogs, friendship and fun with sunshine, rain, wind and flying tents!!! Neither Beti or Orin were in the top spots, but I was pleased with their critiques and performances. Thanks to Kayleigh Hoult for her lovely handling and encouraging words re Beti and thanks to Liam Henderson who handled Orin brilliantly. Well done to all who succeeded, and thanks to all who organised a lovely show.
Over medium size medium strength. Very good head and expression. Very good topline slightly short croup. Very good angulation. Good lay of the shoulder. Upper arm slightly short, slightly steep. Very good female all round. Moved reasonably well.
Over medium size medium strength, good head and expression but light eye detracts. Clean overline, well moulder croup, a bit of wavy hair over the croup. Good hind angulation - both ends. Powerful long striding side gait, but showing some softness in the back today.
*****
Some encouraging words from Kayleigh re Beti on the day and in a message this morning has helped with the slight disappointment that I feel today. Hey, you take the rough with the smooth, the knocks make the wins more special, as I've said before win with pride, lose with dignity, but when we love our dogs we can't help but feel it a little. Anyway Kayleigh said at the show that she thought she was a lovely pup with a bright future and messaged today saying "she was a tad heavy which spoils her top line but lovely little girl she is, with training she could do some great things ❤️ Anytime I will handle her and any of your gang x" So nice to get the encouragement at the right time, but I really don't think she's carrying too much weight, of course I will take the comments on board. Regarding the training, I do feel I've let Beti down a little. When was the last time we did ring training for this kind of event? I think she's lucky if we've done it twice when she was a little dot! Hopefully, some of my friends will be able to come up and do some work with her. 
As regards to Orin's critique, well I guess I can't dispute a thing, other than the soft back comment .. that implies lack of fitness .. so if it's correct that's down to me too!