Wednesday 27 March 2024

Size Matters

Poor Loki has lost muscle and bulk and really does seem to have shrunk! In comparison, Ross now looks like a tank! Though he's not fat, he probably is carrying a little too much weight and he's well muscled. Anyway the chat lead me to measure him, something I hadn't done in years .. 69cms, No! Try again 69 cms again. I changed rooms, maybe the floor is not level -70 cms OMG it's getting worse. I measured Loki 66.5cms, yes less than he was due to loss of muscle. I moved the stick as it was onto Ross' wither, it looked like it was about an inch off the floor. OMG Ross! Well who cares?, he's no longer a show dog, just a big loveable brown clown. I stood both boys next to each other and the difference in bulk and size was easy to see, Loki still has the better reach of neck, but you can see due to his condition that he's also sinking on his backend.
Whilst I had the stick out I measured Beti too, 60cms. As I've said with the uneven floor and a homemade measuring stick I could be a CM out, but no more really. (I thought I'll try outside in daylight) So maybe Ross is 68cms,but no less. If I am going to do the odd regional as well as KC shows with Beti then she needs to stop now really. I'm sure she will, there is never much skeletal growth after 9 months, and bones start to fuse at 11 months, it's muscle and maturity that often give the impression of further growth. 
Beti has better wither height than Siska, Siska has a tendency to drop her wither on the move, she always has done and with her lack of effort at times it can ruin what is otherwise a pleasing picture. In stance Siska is pretty picture-perfect but Orin out classes her on the move. It's hard to tell how Beti will be, but at the moment she has more about her than Siska, I mean more ring presence, which always helps. 
Orin was measured at a regional and by Joe, he was 66 cms. He is not classed as oversize, just top size. Zeus is easily the smallest male here, I mean in height, he has plenty of bulk and the coat gives a greater impression of size. He's just under 64 cms and usually about 4kg less than Orin, though Orin's is more trim now, he had put on too much weight. 
Anyway things to do ... but I think I will look back at the other girls photos at 9 months later today .. and no doubt I'll be sharing them.