Thursday 21 March 2024

Bwlch Derwin With Orin And Siska



I love this walk, such a beautiful place. In all the years that I've been walking here, I've probably seen a handful of people, and I've been coming here since I had Blade, Nikki and Co. But as ever I'm on my guard and ready to put them on the lead should I see anyone. 
Another first for me today - I saw a snake. My only previous memories of snakes take me back to my childhood in Penmorfa where my grandparents lived. I did a google photo search and it says "Common European viper." well it was either a dead one or it was fast asleep! I would have loved to hang about to see but I didn't want Orin or Siska coming back to see what I was looking at.

Because I didn't know I googled further - "Viper is the name of the family and adder is the genus. So all adders are part of the viper family but cobras, mambas, kraits, coral snakes, and sea snakes are also included in the viper family (Viperinae). So all adders are vipers, but vipers are not necessarily adders