Sunday 20 December 2020

The 6 Week Belly

Isn't she a show off! 
The photo really doesn't show the belly as it is, it has grown significantly already, and she now measures 32" (From her normal of 28)  Sammi was 33" at 6 weeks for her second litter, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a couple more than 6 in there! I suppose I could scan again, but really it's pointless as I know it's 6+.  If there was less than 5 then I would need to be careful not to over feed her, with the baseline of 6 I've started giving her lunch now. 
I often wonder if these bitches know what's going on, do they know they are pregnant? Certainly Kaiah was a very willing participant in the mating, are bitches prepared for the consequences of their actions? I know they "live in the now"  but they must feel different, mustn't they? 
Should you want to compare then Sammi's 6 week post is here