Thursday 10 December 2020

I Can See Nico She Said ...

Can you see Nico in your Blanik I, J or K kids? There is no doubt this boy has stamped his mark on Blanik. You can see him in Sammi and Kaiah and in Orin's brothers, but maybe not so much in Orin? Though I must say the original comment was made after I posted a photo of a young Nico, the lady asking what relation he was to Orin as she saw a resemblance. I guess we all see things differently. From the K litter Merlin, Loki B and Isla remind me more of Nico than Orin does. From the J litter Jethro and Kaiah are so alike, both stamped by Nico. Sammi, and from what I recall Barney had a "look" of Nico but Caleb is his mothers son, just a male version of Ziva. I've not see the LSH bitches in years but Luna the other S/C bitch looked more like Tali than anyone really. 
Orin does have a look of his mum facially, but his eye colour is a mystery to me. His tail carriage, which is also distracting on a walk, I think is a combination of his dad's slightly high tail carriage with Sammi's slight curve. Orin really is far too proud of his tail and is not carrying it naturally for the breed! 
Currently Orin seems to be tall and boxy, but as I've said before he'll be a different dog in a year. It's currently hard to remember what a typical 9 month old male looks like, he should now be in the ring with boys of his own age giving me more of an idea of how he should look. Certainly in the stance he's a super picture, he also has great movement, but as he becomes more cocky training to keep that tail down may become necessary!