Wednesday 23 December 2020

Sammi Belle

 "I know" says Steve, "we can call her Sammi."  Sammi?  Really? Sammi I thought? Well my plan to call her Isis had gone out of the window. Until that year I'd loved the name, Isis and its meaning.  "Isis is a goddess in Egyptian mythology. She was known as the goddess of the moon. As goddess of life and magic, Isis protected women and children, and healed the sick." How sad that such a beautiful name had now begun to mean something sinister. So, Sammi I thought, well Ok .. why not as long as she was NEVER Sam, Samsam or Samantha .. it had to be Sammi. Scousers are awful for shortening names, after working with them for 10 years I'd got quite use to being Rhi, but there are far too many Sam's in the dog world, but to be honest I didn't know then and don't know now of any other "Sammis!" To be fair Steve has stuck to his word, she has always been Sammi or Sammi Belle of course!
Ziva went into labour on the evening of the 23rd of December. Four were born on the 23rd with Barney and Sammi the last to come at just after midnight. Being so close to Xmas they all inherited Xmas baby names The two LSH girls were Holly and Ivy, the 2 boys were Nick and Noel and the two SC girls were Jingle and Belle. Baby Belle (Don't call me that I is not cheese!) caught my eye at about 3 weeks old. I tried not to be influence that early, but I was already smitten with her. I had to keep the right bitch for the future of Blanik and I remember saying to a friend that if it wasn't her then I would be heartbroken. Never have I fallen so hard for such a young puppy before, even with Louis it was later. 
So now that precious Xmas puppy is a veteran, my most special of girls. The naughty Angel became the Angel. Where has the time gone? Having her ShCM and Stud book number she is the top winning bitch here since Nikki and currently the top winning Danko daughter.  But really she is still the puppy who stole my heart, still the bitch that I fell in love with .. still my very special girl.