Friday 29 September 2017

Tali Update

 Looking down river and no doubt thinking of going back!
Doesn't our old lady look well. I think she's now banned from Gyrn Goch though. She jumped into the river and couldn't get out. I had to drag her up the bank by the scruff of her neck which didn't go down well at all, but once I had hold of her I was too scared to let go and adjust my grip to her collar incase I dropped her. 
Whilst most people are asleep I think and come to some of my best decisions, providing I can remember them the next day that is! Last night I was thinking about Tali and could only think of 2 ideas for her IBS, she either has a continued smaller dose of the pills or we try 3 days on them and 3 days off. I discussed my thoughts with the vet and she  agreed to try her on a 3 days on 3 days off. On metranizadole tablets Tali's IBS  is controlled, without them she soon returns to having diarrhea. I know having Tali on antibiotics full time is not ideal, but at her age does it really matter? As long as she's comfortable, happy and doesn't put any more weight on then that suits me. She was 27.3kg today, so a KG heavier than a few weeks ago and for her own well being shouldn't be heavier .. it's a lot to pull out of a river as it is! Anyway here's hoping this works, and as the vet said if we can push it on an extra day or two between courses then we go for it... I'll keep a close eye on things and update soon.