Sunday 3 September 2017

Childish?

Yesterday was a pretty tough day. I was joining a friend of 25 years to scatter her husbands ashes. She had traveled from the south of England up to this area as her husbands wishes had always been to move to Wales. Sadly that had never worked out for him and she felt this would be fitting. Though there was 8 of us there her wish was to do the "scattering" by herself. This is where I first felt a little uncomfortable as one person, who thinks he's always right, thought she shouldn't be alone ... but it was not his call,  it was her's, thankfully others backed me up. Though I would put myself in the same situation again any day for my friend I felt like a fish out of water in the company of the others. They were not the type of people who we would normal associate with and I found the afternoon very difficult ... the final straw was that they were then going for a bar meal which no one remembered to tell us about. Maybe a good thing as we were able to make our apologies and come home to our dogs.
Yesterday I took head shots of all the dogs, I posted them here and put them in a new album on Facebook. After a nap I went back to look at the comments to see 2 people asking where the photo of Kaiah was. I linked one to the photo. I was then told that it was not originally there and that I had forgotten her. After spending twice as long trying to get her photo believe you me I had not forgotten her! I have no idea why the photo was not showing for them, but it was posted and in the album at the same time as the others. I even checked on Steve's tablet .. yes the photo was visible. One of the people would not let it drop and the comments went on and on with her insisting I'd added the photo later and not understanding that all the photos were posted together. I even told them to check the time as I'd left  "time posted" visible and not the time the photo was taken. I could feel myself getting irritable about it all and her lack of understanding of the facts was frustrating...
When you have a GSD pup two remarks irritate me. This is just a personal thing and I always bite my tongue and smile nicely, but .."Look at the size of his paws, "  and  "Look at the size of his ears," really piss me off. So when the photo of Ross became solely about his ears that got to me too, especially as people where saying "look at them ears." All I could hear in the back of my head was "Those Vanessa!"  Now come on I'm not the best at spelling or grammar but "them ears?"
With both post now continuing and irritating me I got more annoyed and emotional ... so in a moment of madness I deleted the whole fecking album! Childish? Over sensitive? Hell yes, and this morning I regret it, but now it's too late, it's done! Shame really there was some lovely photos of my dogs there, head shots of the gang of 2017 is no more! (Now that's grammar for you!)
Finishing the day off there was crap on TV at bed time but Steve found TOTP 1984 on one of the smaller channels, so we watched that in bed. It was great to go down memory lane till they got to number 1. Wham! and "Go-Go" .. A young happy George, so much ahead of him, but a life that maybe wasn't what he was hoping for. A huge wave of emotion came over me, I could hold it back no more, I cried for the man in my dreams.